AMF Updates for October 3, 2018
Letter posted to AMF employees…
All Metals Fabrication
AMF is committed to becoming better.
Below is a list of progress we have made specifically regarding our high end industrial work. Our intention is to continue along this path until we can, in fact, become measurably better than any of our competitors.
In recent months we have incorporated the following:
1) New Work Order Designations that highlight High Quality Assurance level work (Yellow Work Orders).
2) The use of Bill of Materials for all copayments that require multiple (and simultaneous) value streams to complete.
a. Helps to measure quality on component parts
b. Help to move parts through the shop quicker
3) Pre-Bid meetings to determine the ability for AMF to actually fabricate the part requested.
4) Post-Award meetings to kick of job success track.
5) Outside Press Brake Training for our team in the beginning of October.
6) Plant wide meeting regarding high QA Parts and the mentality required.
7) Continued development of PQR and Welding Certifications.
8) Bi-weekly production meetings to assess plant production of all jobs.
9) Significant investment in tooling and inspection equipment.
Please continue to add your suggestions to our Continuous Improvement Hotline.
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or text to 801-784-3787.
Don’t forgot to add pictures!
We meet each week to go over new suggestions and follow up on implementing existing suggestions.Follow us on social media for more tips and updates: