Continuous Improvement 2/18/19
Communication and Continuous Improvement are at the heartbeat of companies that want to remain viable and keep manufacturing and construction jobs from going over seas! Please submit your ideas! Here are AMF’s latest ideas and implemented improvements!
Continuous Improvement 2/11/19
What are your six minute improvement ideas…we want to hear them, we want to see them, we want to implement them!
6 Minutes of Improvement for Every Hour Ideas
Here are more entries for Improvement Ideas being generated and implemented at AMF.
We have started calling them 6 minute ideas, meaning how can we find six minutes of improvement in one hour? It has to be there and we are going to find it!
Continuous Improvement for January 14, 2019
Continuous Improvement Updates for January 14 (four weeks until Valentines Day as a friendly reminder).
January 7th Continuous Improvement
Working on finding six minutes in one hour of time improvement…here are some ideas that are being suggested and implemented.
October 5 Continuous Improvement Snapshot
AMF team…keep sending in your suggestions for improvements!
AMF Meets to Implement New Change Order and Revision Processes
Customers constantly come at us with change orders and revisions. AMF met recently to train on upgrading internal change order processes.
Continuous Improvement is constantly on display as we relentlessly improve our metal fabrication skills.
More Continuous Improvements for October
We need more suggestions…keep sending them in please!
AMF Updates for October 3, 2018
Letter posted to AMF employees…
All Metals Fabrication
AMF is committed to becoming better.
Below is a list of progress we have made specifically regarding our high end industrial work. Our intention is to continue along this path until we can, in fact, become measurably better than any of our competitors.
In recent months we have incorporated the following:
1) New Work Order Designations that highlight High Quality Assurance level work (Yellow Work Orders).
2) The use of Bill of Materials for all copayments that require multiple (and simultaneous) value streams to complete.
a. Helps to measure quality on component parts
b. Help to move parts through the shop quicker
3) Pre-Bid meetings to determine the ability for AMF to actually fabricate the part requested.
4) Post-Award meetings to kick of job success track.
5) Outside Press Brake Training for our team in the beginning of October.
6) Plant wide meeting regarding high QA Parts and the mentality required.
7) Continued development of PQR and Welding Certifications.
8) Bi-weekly production meetings to assess plant production of all jobs.
9) Significant investment in tooling and inspection equipment.
Please continue to add your suggestions to our Continuous Improvement Hotline.
Email at email@example.com or text to 801-784-3787.
Don’t forgot to add pictures!
We meet each week to go over new suggestions and follow up on implementing existing suggestions.
Continuous Improvement Ideas & Implementations September 17th…
Check out what is being suggested and implemented!